Planned Parenthood Texas Votes
Position: Full-time, permanent
Location: Austin, TX
Planned Parenthood Texas Votes (PPTV) works to foster and preserve a social and political climate in Texas favorable to full reproductive health care access, through electoral activity, legislative advocacy and grassroots organizing, to promote and protect the mission of Planned Parenthood affiliates in Texas.
The Digital Organizer is responsible for implementing the digital components of PPTV’s communications campaigns via email, social media, website and texting. This position is responsible for coordinating with the Graphics & Multimedia Specialist and Communications Manager to develop digital strategies and content with the ultimate goal of moving online audiences to take action in support of Planned Parenthood and reproductive health, rights and justice. The Digital Organizer reports to the Communications Manager.
- Responsible for building trust with online audiences that PPTV is an expert on reproductive rights and state politics and continuing the education of online audiences on issues surrounding reproductive justice and the importance of civic engagement.
- Monitor current events and keep PPTV staff abreast of breaking news stories, know the influencers in the PPTV network, and participate in key online conversations concerning PPTV’s mission areas.
- Maintain current understanding of the PPTV mission and ensure it is reflected in the online presence of the organization.
- Ensure consistency with PPTV voice and brand in digital spaces.
- Manages PPTV’s social media properties, including making daily updates, managing live tweeting and livestreams, keeping up-to-date on new digital trends, and executing online strategies and best practices.
- Create and implement diverse outreach strategies to increase the number of social media and digital supporters, with a particular focus on young women of color.
- Work with Graphic Design & Multimedia specialist to develop social media graphics.
- Track and analyze social media metrics in order to assess the effectiveness of online strategies and provide monthly reports to the Communications Manager.
MASS EMAIL MARKETING / TEXTING
- Manage email campaigns, including drafting mass email messages, managing the review process, executing the email delivery, tracking delivery reports, and maintaining email supporter lists.
- Manage and implement PPTV text program, including keeping up to date on emerging tools and best practices.
- Responsible for making updates to the PPTV website, including writing and posting content for the blog. Familiarity with WordPress is a plus.
COORDINATION & COLLABORATION
- Coordinate with PPTV Organizing Team to uplift and aid in recruitment and identify new patient advocates.
- Coordinate with PPTV Development team to support and promote fundraising efforts and events.
- Participate fully in brainstorming and planning sessions; identify and share innovative new ideas for promoting PPTV, its initiatives, and its positions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of digital organizing experience.
- Have a strong understanding of social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram).
- Have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Familiarity with basic photo editing.
- Comfortable with managing social media livestreams using iPhone / digital camera.
- Be familiar with progressive and feminist blogosphere / social media influencers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven team environment.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Skill in producing clear and consistent high quality work with attention to detail.
- Skill in proactively researching and quickly synthesizing information, and presenting it creatively in a variety of formats.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and complete assignments in an efficient manner, as well as adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, and work collaboratively, with PPTV and affiliate staff, as well as external partners and consultants.
- Ability to work after regular business hours, as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
PERSONAL QUALITIES/OTHER ATTRIBUTES
The Digital Organizer will demonstrate the following:
- Have a dedication to user-centered visual design and a curiosity for new ways to engage people through digital experiences.
- Deep appreciation for mission of Planned Parenthood.
- Collaborative work style; able to facilitate amongst diverse communities and individuals.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible work style.
- A direct and open interpersonal communication style.
- A smart and confident leader with a clear and informed opinion.
- Professional integrity, independent thinking, and personal courage.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line “Digital Organizer”.
- All attachments should be saved in PDF format and named in the format of “Last Name, First Name – Document Name”.
- Cover letters included in the body of the email will not be accepted.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
Planned Parenthood Texas Votes is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position is full-time, with a salary range of $36,000 – $40,000 annually, commensurate with experience. PPTV is proud to offer a competitive benefits package for full-time employees that includes 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage, life and AD&D and short term and long term disability for the employee. We also offer optional flexible spending account and additional life coverage. Full-time employees receive 11 paid holidays plus an additional winter break and two weeks paid time off.