Position: Full-time, permanent
Planned Parenthood Texas Votes (PPTV) works to foster and preserve a social and political climate in Texas favorable to full reproductive health care access including abortion, through electoral activity, legislative advocacy and grassroots organizing, to promote and protect the mission of Planned Parenthood affiliates in Texas.
The Operations Manager will support the Executive Director, as well as managing the operations and administrative needs of the office. The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to organize, coordinate, and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, with a very high attention to detail and high level of diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time exempt position based in Austin, Texas and supervises one part-time employee.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments and travel; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings; and completing expense reports;
- Monitor and respond to Executive Director emails when necessary and ensure appropriate follow-up, including drafting time sensitive responses to elected officials and candidates, gathering information, and assigning tasks to other team members for follow-up
- Work closely with the Executive Director to keep her informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Manage all components of board and committee meetings including scheduling, logistics, agendas, record keeping, and transcribing minutes
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT & EVENT COORDINATION
- Collect, sort and respond to office mail
- Coordinate staff appreciation events, birthdays, and work anniversaries
- Support directors and staff in event planning
- Coordinate staff travel arrangements for conferences
- Coordinate timesheet collection process and the performance review process
- Process biweekly payroll
- Track employment applications and manage the publication of job postings
- Liaison with the professional employment organization that manages the HR functions for the organization, including ensuring compliance with deadlines and data entry for employee onboarding and offboarding
- Ensure supplies needs for the office are met
- Other duties as assigned
- Provides regular guidance and coaching for Bookkeeper/Data Coordinator
- Conducts regular performance reviews, provides accountability and support for Bookkeeper/Data Coordinator
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- At least two (4) years of professional executive support or administrative experience, preferably in a political or social issues setting.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational and research skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, and work collaboratively, with PPTV and Planned Parenthood affiliate staff, as well as external partners and consultants, including elected officials and candidates for office.
- Some professional bookkeeping experience preferred. Coursework in accounting may be considered in lieu of experience. Proficiency with QuickBooks and fundraising databases is a plus.
- Skill in producing clear and consistent high quality work with attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment, manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work after regular business hours, as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and proposed reproductive health and family planning regulations.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
The Operations Manager will demonstrate the following:
- Deep appreciation for the mission of Planned Parenthood
- Enthusiasm for public policy and political campaigns
- Enjoys creating order and solutions to complex problems
- Diplomatic style and high emotional intelligence
- Comfortable in ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible work style
- Collaborative work style; able to facilitate amongst diverse communities and individuals
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
Planned Parenthood Texas Votes is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
This position is full-time, with a salary of up to $50,000 annually, commensurate with experience. PPTV is proud to offer a competitive benefits package for full-time employees that includes 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage, life and AD&D and short term and long term disability for the employee. We also offer optional flexible spending account and additional life coverage. Full-time employees receive 11 paid holidays plus an additional winter break and two weeks paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Each document should be a separate attachment; all attachments should be saved in PDF format and named in the format of “Last Name, First Name – Document Name”.
- Cover letters included in the body of the email will not be accepted.
- References from employment, academic and volunteer experience are acceptable.
All applications must be received by 11:59pm CST, Wednesday, July 17, 2019.