Planned Parenthood Texas Votes (PPTV) works to foster and preserve a social and political climate in Texas favorable to full reproductive health care access including abortion, through electoral activity, legislative advocacy and grassroots organizing, to promote and protect the mission of Planned Parenthood affiliates in Texas.
The Bookkeeper/Data Coordinator will be responsible for collection and entry of receipts, as well as accounts payable, fundraising data entry, and financial statement preparation for three entities. The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to organize, coordinate, and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, with a very high attention to detail and high level of diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
This is a part-time position based in Austin, Texas and does not supervise any other employees. The position will generally require approximately 20 hours per week.
- Track, classify and reconcile all receipts, reimbursements, deposits, payments, and contracts in QuickBooks
- Process daily deposits via remote deposit
- Liaison with external accountants to ensure timely reconciliation of various accounts including checking and prepaid accounts and monthly accounting reports, and providing all necessary information for tax filings.
- Prepare regular financial statements for the Executive Director and reconcile with fundraising data
- Manage all aspects of monthly reporting for the Texas Ethics Commission including tracking and compiling all transactions, including staff time, for lobbying and campaign reports, and filing the reports
- Enters and maintains accurate records in the fundraising database (NGP) of donor information and of all contributions received.
- Tracks and reports progress to goal of all fundraising efforts and assists in evaluating the annual giving program for executive leaders and the Board of Directors.
- Provides documentation, records and reports of contributions received to the Political Development Officer.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- At least four (4) years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, preferably in a non-profit setting. Coursework in accounting may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and fundraising databases.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational and research skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, and work collaboratively, with PPTV and Planned Parenthood affiliate staff, as well as external partners and consultants, including elected officials and candidates for office.
- Skill in producing clear and consistent high quality work with attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment, manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work after regular business hours, as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and proposed reproductive health and family planning regulations.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
The Bookkeeper/Data Coordinator will demonstrate the following:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service and the ability to work well with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems with potential solutions in a highly professional, confidential and sensitive manner.
- Excellent analytical skills with sharp attention to detail and the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Knowledge of non-profit fiscal management and financial analysis and forecasting.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and healthcare finance in general.
- Self-motivator with ability to control own schedule.
- Have familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities Planned Parenthood serves, including an appreciation for the assets of each community and understanding of the institutional barriers to health care that currently exist.
- Diplomatic style and high emotional intelligence
- Comfortable in ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible work style
- Collaborative work style; able to facilitate amongst diverse communities and individuals
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
This position will average 20 hours per week but may take more or less depending on business needs. Flexible schedule inside of normal business hours.
Planned Parenthood Texas Votes is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
This position is part-time and will earn $20.00 per hour for approximately 20 hours per week. Part-time employees earn paid time off and receive pro-rated holiday pay.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to email@example.com with “Bookkeeper/Data Coordinator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Each document should be a separate attachment; all attachments should be saved in PDF format and named in the format of “Last Name, First Name – Document Name”.
- Cover letters included in the body of the email will not be accepted.
- References from employment, academic and volunteer experience are acceptable.
All applications must be received by 11:59pm CST, Wednesday, July 17, 2019.