Planned Parenthood Texas Votes
Position: Full-time, permanent
Location: Austin, TX
Planned Parenthood Texas Votes (PPTV) is the statewide advocacy arm of Planned Parenthood affiliates in Texas that engages supporters of reproductive health and rights to fight to protect and expand women’s access to preventive and reproductive healthcare, including abortion. The work at PPTV is fast paced and deals with complex and high priority matters related to the politics of women’s health in Texas. Our programs range from talking to voters about the politics of abortion to advocating to protect funding for preventive health care.
The Development Specialist is responsible for the solicitation and stewardship of donors that give less than $1,000 annually, through direct mail, online, and events. This position contributes to the organization’s fundraising efforts by leading the annual giving campaign through direct mail and electronic solicitations; managing and preparing donor correspondence; providing materials and research support; managing special events for donor cultivation and small dollar fundraising events; maintaining the fundraising database, and tracking and reporting progress to goal. The Development Specialist conducts fundraising activities on behalf of Planned Parenthood Advocates of Texas (PPAT), Planned Parenthood Texas Votes (PPTV) and PPTV PAC.
- Develops an annual plan and calendar for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors who give less than $1,000 annually, with input and direction from executive leaders.
- Manages, prepares, and drafts communications for donor correspondence and fundraising mailings including annual solicitations, direct mail, acknowledgement letters, and other stewardship activities.
- Coordinates timing and all logistical aspects of electronic and direct mail solicitations and other donor communications, such as e-newsletters, with affiliate development staff, national Planned Parenthood entities, PPTV communications staff and outside mail vendors.
- Plans and executes cultivation and fundraising events, including managing and supporting volunteer event planning committees.
MAJOR GIFTS SUPPORT
- Works closely with the Political Development Officer to ensure coordination of fundraising efforts and assists the Political Development Officer with preparing memos, documents, and other materials to solicit gifts from board and community board members and major donors.
- Drafts, prepares and submits case statements, letters of intent, grant proposals, grant reports and other types of solicitations, as requested.
TRACKING & REPORTING
- Enters and maintains accurate records in the fundraising database (NGP) of donor information and of all contributions received.
- Tracks and reports progress to goal of all fundraising efforts and assists in evaluating the annual giving program for executive leaders and the Board of Directors.
- Provides documentation, records and reports of contributions received to the Executive Assistant for bookkeeping purposes.
- Represents the organization at fundraising meetings, community events, and conferences, as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of the policy landscape with respect to reproductive health and rights, and updates donor materials and correspondence accordingly.
- Responsible for other fundraising projects as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a wide-variety of disciplines or equivalent experience (four years, full-time) in lieu of education.
- At least two additional years of fundraising and/or communications experience, preferably in a political or non-profit environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that promote productivity and efficacy in a collaborative and multi-faceted team environment.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and effectively function in a fast paced environment, to set and achieve short and long term goals and deadlines with extremely high-level attention to detail.
- Skill in proactively researching and quickly synthesizing information, and presenting it creatively in a variety of formats.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and consistently produce high quality work.
- Experience managing a donor database, preferably NGP VAN.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, and Internet. Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or new technology.
- Ability and willingness to work after regular business hours, including weekends, early morning, and/or evening hours as needed.
Personal Qualities/Other Attributes
The Development Specialist will demonstrate the following:
- Deep appreciation for mission of Planned Parenthood.
- A polished communicator – you are an effective storyteller, writer, and ambassador.
- Gravitas and diplomatic style; high emotional intelligence.
- Collaborative work style; able to facilitate amongst diverse communities and individuals.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible work style.
How To Apply
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line “Development Specialist”.
- All attachments should be saved in PDF format and named in the format of “Last Name, First Name – Document Name”.
- Cover letters included in the body of the email will not be accepted.
Additional Position Information
Planned Parenthood Texas Votes is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full-time, with a salary of up to $40,000 annually, commensurate with experience. PPTV is proud to offer a competitive benefits package for full-time employees that includes 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage, life and AD&D and short term and long term disability for the employee. We also offer optional flexible spending account and additional life coverage. Full-time employees receive 11 paid holidays plus an additional winter break and two weeks paid time off.